Monday, June 30, 2008

Our Honeymoon in Jamaica







After our wedding in Black Mountain, NC, Paxton and I headed off to Jamaica for our honeymoon.  The first day we just settled in and got to know the place.  That Monday, we scheduled activities for the rest of the week.  Our first outing wasn't until Wednesday, so Monday and Tuesday, we hung around the resort, kayaking and enjoying the beach and many pools.  Tuesday night, we had a romantic candlelight dinner on the pier with a personal waiter.  Wednesday, we started early and hopped on The Kat, a huge sail boat.  The Kat took us to go snorkeling, where Paxton went into a shallow area over the reef and freaked out because he thought a sea urchin would bite him.  But, we saw some cool fish and made it back to the boat safely.  After this little adventure, The Kat took us to Dunn's River Falls, a big water fall that we climbed up.  Thursday, we took a scary bus ride up a rocky uneven mountain trail to the canopy tour, where we zip lined down to the bottom of the mountain.  Friday, we went on a shopping tour, which was pretty interesting.  We had great time and it was a wonderful honeymoon.

2 comments:

Paxton said...

Okay, now my side of the story... We were warned not to get caught in the shallow areas around the coral reef. One obvious reason was to not damage the coral by stepping on and kicking these areas. The other reason was to keep a safe distance from any wildlife; one being sea urchins that like to hide in and around the coral. These are spiny sea creatures that stab you with poisonous barbs if cornered; I didn't want to end up in a Jamaican hospital-that's just me. The tide and under current was very strong while we were snorkeling. We thought we were swimming in a certain direction while observing the ocean floor, but were pulled by the tide and ended up exactly where we didn't want to be-in about a foot of water over the coral reef with the tide pushing us around. Beth can make fun all she wants; I just wanted to get off the coral before we had our swimsuits ripped off...

Besides the coral reef incident, the catamaran tour was a great day on the water. The whole trip was a perfect getaway. I can't wait to go back in a few years...

Anonymous said...

I love all the pictures and yes, Paxton, I agree, I would not want to end up in a Jamaican hospital either.

But I certainly would have loved to have seen you running across the yard with sparklers and all the food looks great...now why couldn't Beth have cooked like that at home? She is very talented!!! But I always knew that.