

Another weekend goes by...too quickly. Friday, I made Vegetable and Bean Burritos from the "SquareTable" cookbook. I added chicken to the recipe though. Then, I found a recipe for Mexican rice and made that to go along with the burritos. It was pretty good. When I was deciding what to cook that night, I saw a recipe I wanted to try but needed more time to cook it; it called for it to simmer for 2 hrs on the stove. So, I decided to cook it Saturday night. Paxton went mountain biking Saturday at a ski resort that is open for mountain bikers in the summer. He actually helped build some of the trails. He had a lot of fun, but supposedly ate it pretty bad on one of the jumps. But, he had a good home cooked meal waiting on him when he got home. I made Grillades and Grits, another recipe from "Square Table". That's the recipe that called for it to simmer for 2 hrs. I had it all made and ready to simmer for 2 hrs when I read further in the recipe and saw that it was supposed to refrigerate over night after simmering for 2 hrs. Oh well, we ate it anyways. It was really good. I'm not sure why you are supposed to refrigerate it overnight. Paxton said maybe to tenderize the meat more, but we had it the next day for lunch, and it wasn't any different than the night before. Sunday, Paxton had his first commisioners meeting after the summer break. Wendy always has a B-B-Q at her house for the first meeting back, so I had to go along too and bring something. I made black bean and rice salad from "Square Table". It was good, but made way too much. Everyone liked it, but there weren't as many people there as Paxton thought would be there, so we have a lot left over. That was pretty much our weekend. We also watched two movies and some of the Olympics. Then it was back to work today.
No comments:
Post a Comment