








Paxton was gone for a week to Sea Base for training, a Boy Scout high adventure camp located between Key Largo and Key West. He got in late Friday night and had to get up early Saturday to help with a boy scout camporee all day Saturday. He camped out there Saturday night. He woke up with a frozen tent and a cold nose. I only got to see him for a little bit late Friday night. So, when he got home Sunday, we decided to spend some time together and enjoy the Fall leaves. We had lunch and then headed to Mt. Mitchell, the highest peak east of the MS. We enjoyed a beautiful drive on the Parkway and made it just in time to see the sunset. It dropped about 15 degrees from Asheville to the top of Mt. Mitchell. When we left Mt. Mitchell, it was 39 degrees. I had 2 coats and a vest on, plus my new Ugg boots. I couldn't help it, I caved in and bought a pair of Ugg boots, but they are so warm and cozy. I wouldn't pay the regular price for them, but I found that I fit into a child's size, and they were a lot cheaper than an adult size.
No comments:
Post a Comment